Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Working at Gigsalad

It's a whole a new adventure in helping a company connect entertainment with the right venue. I've just started working here, and since I come from a fairly artistic background, I'm excited to see how I can help other talented individuals find the appropriate place for their dreams. I'm a skilled writer, musician, film entrepreneur, cake baker, novice photographer, and well, I just can't help but get my hands into the creative world.

I am just now figuring out what my role will be at gigsalad.com, but I've been hired for writing and marketing assistance. I hope to explore and come to a better understanding of all levels of entertainment, whether ballet, magic shows, florist work, puppetry, and caricature art. Clearly, this business is trying to open as many doors as possible for the creative at heart and I intend to use this blog to comment on the various crafts of the world from helping bands find the right venues to connecting Elvis impersonators to the right shows, festivals, and even films.

In a world that persists on online interaction, Gigsalad may be the next step in connecting talent with venue, a new type of networking both for those seeking a job and those needing to fill a space for creative development.

Peace, love & gigs

--Jennifer    

No comments:

Post a Comment